More Overlays (Updated) – mod for Minecraft 1.16.4/1.15.2, which adds some overlays from NEI. This mod is available for Minecraft 1.14+ (client side only).
Light level / spawn mobs:
F7 : Enable Light / Mob Overlay:
Displays a yellow cross on blocks if monsters can appear at night, or a red cross if spawning is always possible.
F9 : enable overlay of fragment borders.
Has three modes:
1st mode : shows red lines in the corners and a yellow line in the middle of the block.
2nd mode : it also shows a green grid around the edges of the chunk.
3rd Mode : A green grid outlines the Minecraft or CubicChunks area and displays the corresponding region save file in the upper left corner.
Search inventory (only if JEI is installed):
Double click on the JEI search box for a Hidden Object Scene (as in the NPP)
If enabled, you can search JEI for items and all items in the currently open inventory that do not match the filter will be dimmed.
Since version 1.15, you can also search for elements with arbitrary names.
You can change the configuration on the main screen: Mods -> MoreOverlays -> Config .
Briefly what the mod adds:
This modification will introduce into the game some of the features from the Not Enough Items mod, namely the ability to use various information that was previously unavailable.
How To Install More Overlays Mod
- You have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu > type %appdata% > click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT > click Go then Library in the top menu bar.
- Open the folder Application Support > look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just More Overlays Mod downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the More Overlays Mod is installed.