Nether Portal Spread Mod for Minecraft 1.16.2/1.15.2 is a mod that will make the portal to hell more alive. The peculiarity of the mod is that it allows the portal to spread blocks from hell beyond it.
How it works is very simple:
When you have a portal working, then you will find that hell will gradually replace certain blocks around it with blocks from hell ( hell stone, quartz ore, hell brick, and soul sand ). It will also turn sand and gravel into soul sand.
The mod allows players to change a lot in their config file:
- portalSpreadRadius (default = 15, min 1, max 100): The radius around the portal that blocks from hell can spread to.
- spreadDelay (default = 2500, min 20, max 360000): delay of blocks around the portal.
- instantConvertAmount (default = 50, min 0, max 1000): The number of blocks that are converted to blocks from hell around the portal.
- coalPreventsSpread (default = true): if enabled, blocks the effect of block propagation, but if there are two coal blocks in the radius.
- isQuartzChance (default = 0.05, min 0, max 1.0): The chance that the next block is quartz ore.
- isNetherBrickChance (default = 0.2, min 0, max 1.0)
How To Install:
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.