Northern Compass – mod for Minecraft 1.16.1/1.15.2. A very small mod for Minecraft. It just changes the character of the object in the game. The new compass will make its needle always point north.
Why this mod?
- Usually, the compass needle in Minecraft will always point to where you respawn. Northern Compass is a mod designed to make the compass more realistic. That’s why when you install the mod, the compass arrow will always point north, just like in real life!
- In the image, you can see that when you look at the sun, the compass arrow points to the left. This means that I am looking east and the sun is rising! Likewise, when the compass needle points straight, you are looking north, west to the right, and south to the back.
How To Install:
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.