Sodium is a mod for Minecraft 1.16.1 that completely changes the open-source code responsible for generating structures and chunks in the game. All this allows you to increase the number of frames per second, get rid of annoying friezes.
What is done?
- A more modern OpenGl system for partial loading of objects. This allows you to significantly reduce the load on the central processor during the game.
- The data on the ” vertices ” has been changed, which reduced the load on the video card by as much as 40 percent.
- Updating adjacent blocks is much faster, which speeds up the rendering of chunks.
- Added some graphic details in the game – improved smoothness, softer sharpness, and increased anti-aliasing – all this will make each block much more visually pleasing.
How To Install Sodium Mod:
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Sodium Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.16